Saturday, April 12, 2008

Teeth

Jacob had an extra exciting time while on our vacation. He lost his first tooth while we were at the mall in Alexandria! It was no easy thing either! I had just had my nails done and could barely use them to get that sucker out. We were sitting outside Motherhood Maternity while Mom and Joycelyn were shopping. He was soooo good and just sat there while I wiggled his tooth. He started to cry at the thought of it hurting...so I promised him a cherry dutch ice from Auntie Anne's--and he wouldn't have to share it with anyone. Well, that sealed that deal! He opened his mouth right up and we played with the tooth til it came out. Of course he started crying at the sight of all that blood but was perfectly content once he received the promised (and well earned!) dutch ice! Oh, and btw, his lips are red here cause of his drink--not blood.



Well, today was round two with an especially tough little tooth. Yesterday Jacob told me he had a really wiggly tooth and it hurt to eat. Well, I know what that meant...time for it to come out. So we played and played with it...but it wouldn't come out without some serious yanking and I'm not about to do that! So I had him sleep on it and see how it was in the morning. Well, it wasn't any better today. He still couldn't eat very much without a lot of pain. So we went back to wiggling...I swear, this tooth had attitude! It took all evening long of twisting and turning (it was barely connected anywhere, but where it was connected--it wouldn't budge!). So after lots of tears, frustration, and courage...it finally came out. His reward this time? The very last bomb pop in the house. :)



To top this lovely experience off: he just informed me he has two more wiggly teeth. :0!

0 comments: