Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Don't mess with me, I'm a soldier's wife



That's right. And I must admit that I had that attitude toward a certain online company today. I was going through and paying my bills online when a certain site wouldn't let me log in. After the allotted amount of tries passed I ended up having to call the lovely 1-800#. Well, the lady on the other end of the phone proceeded to tell me that since my name wasn't on the acct that they'd have to call my husband instead. I explained (kindly) that he's away for training in the army and that he couldn't take their call. She then told me that until they got ahold of him that there wasn't anything they could do. I then informed her that I have a power of attorney that covers everything...and I needed to just reset my darn password so I could pay the bill. It's when she told me that the poa wasn't worth anything in their eyes that I put my attitude on. Short of chewing her out, I told her again (not so kindly) that my husband is in the army and that for the rest of the time I live in this house he won't be here. That got her attention..."oh, hold on, let me talk to my boss..." Yeah right. Punk! I did start to give her a piece of my mind then. After quite a bit more attitude coming from my end (Joycelyn and Mom will know exactly what I'm talking about) she told me that she'd clear it up so that I could reset the thing. Darn right! Like I said before....don't mess with me--I'm a soldier's wife. :)

I'm officially listed as an authorized user on that acct now. :) On another note, I normally don't have such huge attitude with people, but seeing as I'm the only who could get this done and the only who could stick up for me...well, I did it.

0 comments: