Tuesday, May 6, 2008

27 Days

Has it really been so long since my last post? Oops. Life's been soooo crazy and I simply haven't sat down to make the update. I'm having a garage sale this Friday to empty out over 7 years of accumilation. It's been a lot of stuff to sort through! But I'm almost done. There are still some plastic tubs in the garage that I need to poke through. The pile that is sitting in my living room is huge. I can't wait for Friday to come simply to get it out of my house! But first, before all that begins, tomorrow I'm having some helpers from my ward come and help me finish painting the ceilings in the living room, bathroom and bedrooms. Once that is done (and the garage sale is done) then my house is ready to put up on the market. :) I can't wait! The boys and girls's rooms are absolutely spotless and have remained so for the past week. Since emptying out the junk, there really isn't anything for them to mess up their rooms with! It's sooooo nice! It'll make it really easy for whenever we're given less than 5 minutes notice that someone wants to come and see the house.
So I've talked to my realtor just to let him know when I'd like to get the ball going. It'll begin next Monday...we should be getting a sign in my front yard. I have absolutely no idea where I'm headed (should find out next week at the latest *cross fingers*). With the way things sound, Ryan will probably come home with us after his graduation and then head off to his OBC station while he awaits for the opening for his BOLOC II. That will be a few months of waiting. So we're going to join him there! He'll be able to live with us and have somewhat of a normal army life. Actually, he'll just be hanging out cause there really won't be much that he can do since he won't be properly trained yet. His whatstheirnames (people over him...the name has left me) said to enjoy it cause it doesn't happen very often that he gets to basically play for 3-4 months.
But anyway, back to us getting the house on the market....I asked my realtor if there is any chance that my house will sell by July (I REALLY want to join Ryan as soon as possible). He said the market isn't great right now (which I'm very aware of...hence being a bit nervous), but that the market for my house (a nice starter home--3 bed, 2 bath) is actually going quite well. It's not too expensive and apparently it's what is being bought by quite a few people at the moment. He also said that the houses that his company sells are on the market for an AVERAGE of 27 days. This is of course no guarantee or anything...but it gives us all hope. :) Maybe, just maybe, we'll be packing up the house to move when we all come back from Ryan's graduation next month!
One one more awesome note, the military has recently changed their policy for the Physician's Assistant program. It used to be that a person had to be in the army for 3 years before being able to apply for the program. The are now waiving this! We checked the requirements and the only thing that Ryan needs is to shadow a military PA and then get a letter of recommendation from that person. Guess what he's going to be doing during his 3-4 month down time? :) I see this as a wonderful blessing from our Father in Heaven for providing the time to get this done. He can shadow, get the LOR and have everything in by March of next year (deadline for applications). He could start the program next year! Sweet, eh? Let's all cross our fingers and pray like crazy that he gets in. :)

0 comments: