Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My new living room and kitchen

It's been a ton of work (lots of moving furniture and tons of painting) but it's done. My living room is now open and spacious (and still clean!). The fire place is the main focus...I'm quite proud of how it all turned out.

My friend Gail had the idea of just keeping one bookcase in the living room. We emptied the other one out and stored it in the garage for now. It helps to declutter the living room, don't you think? Oh, and the king chair is also in the garage til we move to our new place. And notice this--no more nasty border along the walls!



Dude, I could do cartwheels if I so please in here! It's so open....



Look at the spacious kitchen! Hopefully that'll be a cool selling point?

2 comments:

Ja said...

the house looks SUPER!!!!!!!!! now its like.. dont you wish you weren't leaving it now that it's so freaking clean and spanky?!

oh well... such is life... on to new and better chapters in life!

sharibug said...

It looks so cool Jasmine. I know it was a ton of work. Kudo's to you for such a wondeerful job. It is too bad that you can't take it with you when you move. lol
I am proud of you Jasmine for braving all of this. Love, your momma