Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm seriously slacking in the posting department....


I keep telling myself that I'm going to post and update what's going on....but then life keeps happening or I'm simply tired or I really feel like just relaxing with a good book or movie (I just watched Stardust and fell in love with it). So here I am with my update and slew of pictures.....:

Let's start with my update first while I'm waiting for the pictures to upload...I've scrapped one realtor and went with another (recommended by friends whoe have used him twice). He came to my house today to look it over and see what we're dealing with. He was impressed with the spacious kitchen and living room. Loved the large master bedroom and was again impressed with the size of the kids's bedrooms. He asked about updates and I proceeded to tell him that we put in new windows and siding 5 years ago, whole new kitchen at the same time, a new roof last year, new central heating and air, 7 year old carpet, slightly remodeled master bathroom, and I just stinking painted the ceilings in every stinkin room in the house!!!!! (I officially don't like painting anymore). Oh, and Glenn, if you're reading this, he LOVES the kitchen walls. Thinks the color is awesome. :) Anyway, again he was impressed. Apparently, that's the list of things people usually ask to be updated before they buy....ha! We've already done it! They might ask me to shampoo the carpet before I leave...and that's no big deal. I need to touch up the paint on the garage outside--I have the paint for it but it needs to stop raining already so that I can get the job done. I'm going to move a couch into the garage so that the fireplace is center to the eye in the living room. My realtor also suggested to move my armoir out of my bedroom since it blocks the view of the bathroom door in there. He also suggested to start packing up what's in the closets and moving that into the garage so that people can see how much space there is. I've already cleaned two out. :) And how about this? My house has been spotless, and I mean SPOTLESS (as in my mother would actually approve) for the past two weeks. Every day each room is wonderfully clean--to the point that anyone could drop by without notice and for once I wouldn't be embarrassed. :) I'm not stressing at all about the thought of people coming in to check out my house. The kids have been sooooo good about helping out. No clothes on the floor, no toys left out. Everything has a place. I HAVE A HOUSE OF ORDER!!!! Tonight my realtor is going to give me a call (he's currently researching and finding out what a good selling price will be). Needless to say, I'm exhilirated! Do we know where Ryan's headed? Absolutely no clue. He has six weeks of leadership training after OCS but there isn't any available til fall. So the army is sending him to his OBC (same as AIT only for officers) area. He's just supposed to hang out for a few months there...well, we're going to hang out with him! I'll be updated everyting everyone through email or phone whenever we find out where we're headed. :)

Onto pictures...

As I was going through closets (getting things ready for a garage sale) I came across things I haven't seen in years. Like my veil for instance! Evelyn fell in love with it--and really, it's not being used for anything and I don't plan on wearing it ever again. Why not let Evelyn be a princess with it?





Next is the kiddos watching their new favorite movie Aladdin (you know how kids get into this funk where they only watch one video EVERY DAY?). I had to start clicking away when they're all laying there in front of the tv.


0 comments: